Monday, July 14, 2014

Healthier Veggie Dip (Recipe)

I LOVE raw veggies dipped in Ranch, dressing or dip. However, after taking a look at what is in your average bottle of Ranch, it went straight into the garbage, and I whipped up my own little thing instead. Now this is totally customizable to your own tastes and what seasonings you prefer, but here are the main seasonings I used. Is it Ranch? No. Does it taste good and serve its purpose? Absolutely. Is it healthier? By far. As an added benefit, using Greek Yogurt instead of Light or Fat Free Sour Cream gives you more protein, so it actually helps keep you fuller longer :)And if you can cut out the Sour Cream altogether, go for it, especially if you are concerned about weight loss. I personally like the extra creaminess and tang it gives. Also, I tend to over-season compared to the tastes of others, so while I am listing what seasonings I used I'm not saying how much. Everyone's tastes are different anyway :)

3/4 Cup Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup Sour Cream

Dill
Basil
Parsley
Thyme
Rosemary
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Minced Dried Onions
Yellow Curry Powder
Paprika
Pepper
Salt
Lemon Pepper
4-6 Drops Malt Vinegar (This adds some tang and thins the dip a bit to make it go farther)

I've been loving this stuff on Baby Carrots, Yellow, Green and Orange Bell Peppers, and Cauliflower so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment