Thursday, July 24, 2014

Healthy Dessert Figs (Recipe)

This is by far my favorite way to eat Figs. It's somewhat similar to my Peaches and Cream Recipe, being it involves fruit and dairy and is simple and quick. Seriously, you HAVE to try this!

  • 1 Fig (Sierra's are my favorite, they are the larger bright green ones, but Black Missions are good too. I haven't tried any other varieties yet)
  • 2 Tbsp of Farmer's Cheese (Friendship is the only brand I've ever seen this in. It has a consistency like Ricotta Cheese with a nice mild flavor and is low in calories and fat. Just don't get it Salt-Free!)
  • Honey or Maple Sugar

Cut your fig in half. Put about 1Tbsp of Farmer's Cheese on each half, and either drizzle with honey or sprinkle with some Maple Sugar. Enjoy! This is seriously one of my all-time favorite desserts. It is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment