Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reporting Success!

Hey everyone, sorry this update was so long in coming, please do forgive me :) I return reporting success. My weigh-in on Monday had me down just over 7lbs, to exactly 216 now! A pound per day isn't bad considering I've had essentially no increase in my exercise whatsoever so far. Still going strong with cravings in check, although I did break down and eat a Apple Turnover at a family dinner on Monday. That being my only breakdown in over two weeks isn't TOO terrible though, and this whole way of eating is definitely a work in progress. I'd love to eventually go totally organic and chemical free, but I think I'll need to at the very least quadruple my income before that happens.

In other news, the Maple arrived on Monday! We chose to go with Mount Mansfield Maple, and we placed our order just after midnight on Friday. I couldn't believe it when my package arrived late Monday afternoon. We started with a 11.3ox jar of Maple Sugar, a 6 oz jar of Maple Cream, and a half lb of the small Maple Candies. This stuff is totally to die for! As far as quality it is all excellent, and it's been so useful! I'm finding that a half teaspoon of the Maple Sugar has been more than enough for anything I've used it for as an individual serving, which comes in at only 1.5 carbs. Usually, just a pinch does it for me, honestly. It's amazing how much and how quickly my taste buds seem to have rewired themselves. I'm not craving sweet foods at all. Even the fruit seems too sweet for me now and I can only take a couple bites before I'm satisfied.

Another thing I find amazing is how little caffeine gives me a giant boost after being on this diet for two weeks. I was accustomed to drinking an energy drink before every shift at work before, and if I didn't I felt totally sluggish. My legs, ankles and feet hurt after just a couple hours on them, so I usually took ibuprofen before most shifts at work, especially if I had to work a full 8 hours. I noticed an improvement in my pains within a week, and today I had just a cup of Harney and Sons Holiday Tea before work, no other caffeine, and I couldn't believe the boost it gave me! I felt better than I ever did drinking any of the energy drinks.

So, to sum up the journey so far, I am having significantly less pain and feel significantly better overall, I seem to be losing an average of a pound a day as of now, my cravings are so far non-existant. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment